Dear Community Member,
Chesapeake, as a ‘truly local’ Community Bank, is committed to helping our community succeed in may ways. It’s in our DNA to do so! We firmly believe that our success is directly tied to the well being of the markets that we serve. So we are dedicated to help many worthwhile non-profits to succeed in their endeavors. These include those involved in the arts, education, human services, and economic development. We do this by not only supporting them financially, but by our staff volunteering to serve on their boards, committees or with projects. Some examples:
- An amazing 83% of Chesapeake’s employees contributed to the 2016 United Way of Kent County’s campaign!
- We have been the lead sponsor of RiverArts annual Studio Tour for over 15 years
- Kristen Owen, our Investment Advisor, currently is President of the Downtown Chestertown Association, which is responsible for the many great downtown events that are held throughout the year
- Glenn Wilson, President/CEO, serves on the Boards of the Sultana Foundation and the United Way of Kent County
- We match 100% of employee donations to local non-profits
We are very proud of our community involvement and support. But we can only do so because of the loyalty of our valued clients, who understand that their business with us accrues directly to our community support. So we thank them for helping us, to help make a difference in Our Community!
-Glenn Wilson, President & CEO Chesapeake Bank & Trust