Although the Chesapeake Bank & Trust website may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, Chesapeake Bank & Trust is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites and in particular SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program website. To continue to this site click OK
December 10, 2020
Tot Strong, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Chesapeake Bank & Trust Company, today announced that the Company has hired Bob Altieri as President and CEO of both the Bank and its holding company, Chesapeake Bancorp. He will replace Glenn L. Wilson, who is retiring after serving the Bank for nearly 6 years as President and CEO.
“We are pleased to welcome Bob to our organization,” said Mr. Strong. “His experience with and enthusiasm for Maryland community banking makes him an excellent fit for Chesapeake. We are looking forward to introducing him to our clients and community.” Mr. Altieri will officially join the Bank on December 14, 2020.
Mr. Altieri obtained his B.A. in Finance from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and shortly thereafter entered the banking industry. He spent over two decades of his early career at Carrollton Bank in Baltimore, Maryland, initially as Senior Vice President of Lending, where he was tasked with building the commercial lending department. Mr. Altieri was then promoted to President and CEO of Carrollton Bancorp and Carrollton Bank, a $370 million publicly traded community bank with eleven locations across the Baltimore metropolitan area. After successfully implementing several strategic initiatives during his 13 years as President and CEO at Carrollton, he joined Howard Bank as Executive Vice President and President of Mortgage Division in May 2013, where he built a mortgage division to support the rapid growth of the Bank.
Mr. Altieri commented: “I want to congratulate Glenn for his work and dedication over the past 6 years and wish him well in retirement. I am humbled to be selected to continue the storied history of CB&T and look forward to working with our excellent staff and Board to carry on providing the community of Chestertown and Kent County with the best banking products and services available in the marketplace.”
About Chesapeake Bank and Trust
Chesapeake Bank and Trust is a full-service community bank, locally-owned and directed by area business and community leaders. The Bank is committed to providing area residents and business owners a broad range of financial products and an unparalleled level of individual service. Chesapeake Bank and Trust’s main branch is located at 245 High Street, Chestertown, Maryland 21620.
For more information, contact Chesapeake Bank and Trust at 410-778-1600, or e-mail Bob Altieri directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although the Chesapeake Bank & Trust website may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, Chesapeake Bank & Trust is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites and in particular the FDIC Consumer News Special Edition 2020 website pdf newsletter. To continue to this pdf click OK. To continue to the spainish language version of this pdf click OK.
June 8, 2020
We are pleased to announce that our High Street and Morgnec Road lobbies are now open to the public. Please visit only if you are healthy. We require all visitors to wear masks and observe social distancing guidelines. For the safety of our employees and clients, we are attempting to limit the number of people in our buildings at one time, so you may be asked to wait briefly outside if our customer service representatives are already helping other clients.
Our drive-up window at Morgnec Road is still fully operational, as is our ATM on Cross Street. Our staff is here to assist with your phone (410-778-1600) and email inquiries. You can access your accounts anytime, day or night, with Online and Mobile Banking.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Glenn L. Wilson, President & CEO
March 20, 2020
We have continued to evaluate our response to this unprecedented situation. Given our concern for our clients, visitors and staff, and given that our client visits have greatly diminished, we have decided that effective Monday, March 23, we will make the following changes to our office and branch hours:
- Our Main Office on High Street will be closed to the public, except by appointment.
- Our 301 Morgnec Road branch will be open its normal hours (Mon-Thurs: 8am-5pm & Fri: 8am-6:30pm), but only for drive-up window transactions and appointments.
- We should be fully staffed at both locations, so can also easily assist you by phone if needed.
- Per my previous message, we also can easily get you access to our Online and Mobile Banking services.
We are committed to continue meeting all of your banking needs and appreciate your patience. We will reopen our offices as soon as we can. If you have any questions or needs, please call us (410-778-1600).
Thanks again for understanding.
Glenn L. Wilson, President & CEO
March 18, 2020
Dear Loyal Clients & Friends:
- All locations of Chesapeake Bank & Trust remain open to the public with their normal hours. If this changes, we will provide an update here.
- We have had a Pandemic Plan in place for many years, and are using it to guide us.
- We have taken some precautionary steps within our offices to protect our visitors and staff and comply with ‘social distancing’ recommendations.
- As always, you can also call us to receive high-quality customer service from our dependable, capable staff. (410-778-1600)
- Please remember that our 301 Morgnec Road Branch has a drive-up teller window, so you don’t need to come inside for most transactions.
- As an alternative to coming in to our office to bank, you can easily sign up for Online Banking and Mobile Deposit, from your home or office:
- Online Banking: Go to www.chesapeaketrust.com, click on ‘Online and Mobile Banking,’ click on ‘Enroll Now’, then follow the steps.
- Mobile Deposit: After you have enrolled in Online Banking, please call us to activate this service.
- If you would like a Debit Card, which can also be used to access ATMs to make deposits or withdraw cash, please call us.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging period for all of us, and hope that you and your family stay well. If you have any questions, please call us at 410-778-1600.
Glenn L. Wilson, President & CEO