To our customers,
In light of the recent news about certain financial institutions, I want you to know that Chesapeake Bank and Trust Company is safe and sound and will continue to maintain its prudent banking principles that have served the community for over 37 years.
One of those principles is the management of our balance sheet. The recent bank failures were due in large part to balance sheet mismanagement. Heavy exposure to interest rate risk left these banks particularly vulnerable to a run. Once the banks were known to be facing solvency issues, word traveled quickly through the venture capital community and deposits fled as quickly as customers could log into their online accounts.
Chesapeake Bank and Trust Company is well-capitalized with a healthy, diversified portfolio of deposits and investments, and we have a strong liquidity position. We have not deviated from our founders’ vision 37 years ago: the safety and soundness of our operations have been and remain our utmost priority.
Rest assured, Chesapeake Bank and Trust is well-positioned to operate business as usual, and will offer the same solid and consistent community banking that you have come to rely on for so many years. Chesapeake Bank and Trust has been built on core assets from a diverse group of long-term business, agricultural, and retail customers. Our deposits have remained very stable in every economic cycle.
We are available for you and welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have about your banking needs now and in the future. Please feel free to call me directly at 410.778.1600 or email me at email@example.com
With warm regards,
Robert A. Altieri
President/CEO Chesapeake Bank & Trust
Chesapeake Bank & Trust was proud to be a Riverfest Illumination Sponsor at Chestertown’s 2nd annual celebration of art and the Chester River.
- Chesapeake Bank & Trust welcomes new Assistant Branch Manager, Jackie Forrest February 8, 2024
- Chesapeake Bank & Trust welcomes new CFO, Lynn Payne May 31, 2023
- Special CD Rates May 15, 2023
- President’s Message: Safe and Sound March 21, 2023
- Welcome to our new Branch November 2, 2022
- Paycheck Protection Program Resumes in January 2021 January 11, 2021
- Chesapeake Bank & Trust Welcomes New CEO Bob Altieri December 10, 2020
- FDIC Consumer News: COVID-19 and Your Financial Health June 29, 2020
- E.L.B. Incorporated Expresses Gratitude for CB&T April 30, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 20, 2020